Thursday, June 11, 2009

Filling out forms, standing in line

Well, I'm back from southern Ontario. All in all, it was a good trip. The conference was really good; my paper seemed to be well recieved by the small audience. Made some good connections and met some interesting people.

I was particularly glad to be able to see my very first best friend and his family. I first met Dave Row when I was under 4 and we basically grew up together. We went to Beavers, Cubs and Scouts togther. We played baseball; we did EVERYTHING together. He lived down the street from my parents and I probably spent as much time at his place as I did at home. When he moved away in Grade 7 we only saw each other occasionaly, but he did come to my wedding in 1997.

Dave lives in Ottawa now and I got to meet his wife, Alison, and their brand new baby daughter, Kate. Dave's mom was also there. I don't think I'd seen her since I was a kid. We dined on lobster, remenisced and I left knowing that if Dave and I were in the same city, we'd still be the best of friends.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Cool! Lucky!