Monday, December 23, 2002

Well, in an attempt to save myself from an impending nervous breakdown (more on that in a bit) I WAS going to fill out a Monday Mission. However, as has been fairly representative of my existence these days, there isn't one. So instead I'll just type meaningless entries to whoever reads this thing. Does anyone read this? I know, if you come up to me and say "Sweaters, always sweaters" I'll buy you a coke.
So I'm "involved" in my church annual Christmas drama. I purposely use the word "involved" because of its associations with dating -
both are maddening/fun/infuriating/egobuilding/egodestroying. Honestly, I'm more than "involved" - I've done a TON of work on it. I wrote it, cast half the actors, co-directed, designed and helped build the sets; I worked out the lights and have been the one most people have come to with complaints and "suggestions" for next year. I won't get into the whole shabang here (never know who's lurking around) but I don't think I'll be doing one of these again. Though, truth be told, I'm quite proud of the perfomances. I wouldn't trade the people I asked to be in it for anything. But then again I did it all for "she" - not the wisest of moves, but nevertheless. If she's happy with it, how can I be otherwise?
Anyway, happy holidays to all and to all a good night!

No comments: