Monday, December 03, 2007

God save Donald Duck, Vaudeville and Variety

I haven't updated in a while. There have been plenty of things to write about but most of them are/were either a) somewhat confidental and therefore inappropiate to comment on, or b) time sensitive and time just passed me by.

Despite the fact that it doesn't officially begin for another few weeks, it's winter. Winnipeg is capital-C cold. And snowy. Althought we didn't get dumped with as much snow as most of the country, I'm feeling the lower-back tightening that comes from shovelling. There have been more than a few white-knuckled drives home from Otterburne, which segues nicely into my big bit o' news. I won't have to make that long drive after June: I've been offered a full-time position at Booth College as Assistant Professor of English Literature and Film. I begin my new job July 1st.

6 comments:

Tom said...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

Awesome!!

I like the part where your job is in Winnipeg!

Dave said...

Go Booth Go!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike! Congratulations on your position and on your much-reduced commute!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Providence's loss. Yeah for shorter commute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mike! That is really great. Now you won't even have to drive to work if you don't want to.

Michael said...

Thanks, Jess. I shall be walking to work most days!