Monday, February 18, 2008

Now the courtroom was quiet...

Well, To Kill a Mockingbird opens in a few short days (first performance is Wednesday morning), and I think it's going to be a really good show. Personally, I'm bone-tired and a little despondent - a few events have taken some of the wind out of my sails - but this is going to be an amazing show. Prov has some truly remarkable actors (students, faculty and alum) and Val Hiebert is fantastic director; not only are they a talented bunch, but warm, inviting and encouraging. I'm honoured to be a small part of this production.

I will be writing more about the production and the people in the coming week. As I'm temporarily relocating to Prov during the course of the run, I have concoted the fantasy that I shall have ample time for reading, marking, and, most important to you, my gentle readers, writing. I also hope to tell the tale of my experience of a Combat aerobics class at my wife's all-female gym. It was not pretty.

No comments: