Saturday, May 17, 2008

No one ever said it would be this hard

I just finished up teaching a week-long intensive course. Figure I'll spend the majority of the weekend sleeping and recovering. Teaching for several hours a day for five days straight took an awful lot out of me. I borrowed the DVD of No Country for Old Men from my brother-in-law, so maybe I'll watch that too.

My wife and I have been getting up and ready at the same in the morning for the first time in a long time. She likes to watch CBC Newsworld while she eats her breakfast. Since watching with her, even for the few moments I'm eating my Miniwheats, I've decided that although I am grown up, I'm not part of CBC's key demographic: 90% of the commerials are for Viagara, "Grey Power" insurance, and those stand-up-so-you-don't-fall bathtubs.

In other news, my friend Leighton sent me the following youtube clips. In my new favourite example of inter-religion dialogue, Woody Allen interviews Rev Billy Graham.






Bizarre.

1 comment:

Rebs said...

glad you survived mike!

and, happy birthday!