Monday, November 02, 2009

Can't get next to you

I know, I know. Months have past by without so much as a "how-dya do." I'm a terrible friend and a horrible person. Please forgive me.

Rather than going on and on about the mundane events of my average life I thought I'd list a couple of websites and their stories that have brightened my dark days.

My Life Is Average
Last night, after I thought all of the trick-or-treaters were gone, a boy of about 14 years of age came to my house. He was dressed all in red. Instead of saying 'trick-or-treat', he said 'I'm your period, sorry I'm late.' He got my last jumbo bag of candy, and he restored all of my faith in his generation.


Shit my Dad Says
"Just pay the parking ticket. Don't be so outraged. You're not a freedom fighter in the civil rights movement. You double parked."


Also good for a laugh: People of Walmart and Awkward Family photos, similar, but, because people send in photos of themselves as opposed to strangers, less mean.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Daniel's been telling me about MLIA, and I already follow SMDS.

Waitaminit... does that mean you're on Twitter, Dr. Boyce?

PS, Sarah says you told her we could watch movies in your theatre. Confirm/Deny please

Tom said...

It didn't quite seem to come across, but I meant to strongly endorse your choice in websites.

Rather than to, say, imply that they are old or irrelevant. I see that as one of the dumber things that internet denizens tell one another.