Monday, February 10, 2003

Why post original commentaries when the fan DEMAND the Monday Mission? Hang on, what fans?

1. In the states, every citizen is expected to perform their civic duty and serve on a jury at some point. This week, I am on jury duty. Have you ever had to serve on a jury?
No.

2. If you were to ever serve on a jury, would you be able to give someone the death penalty?
Maybe - it would depend on the circumstances

3. One thing that concerns me about jury duty is what my life would be like if I had to convict someone. I'd always be worried about some sort of retaliation from the convict, or their family. Has fear of negative consequences ever kept you from reporting a crime or voicing your opinion?
I think you watch too many movies. I don't think so... well, there was that Gambino double murder thing a few years back.

4. When it comes to convictions, I've never even been convicted of speeding (accued yes, but heh, never convicted). Have you ever been accused of or convicted for breaking any laws? What's the real story there?
No...

5. It looks like I will have a lot of time on my hands this week in the jury pool. I may get called, I may not. If not, I go back tomorrow. Rinse, wash, repeat. How would you pass the time if you had to sit and wait around from 8am-5pm for 5 days?
You get to hang out in a POOL? That rocks. I'd spend my time going off the diving board.

6. One thing I do like about this "civic duty" is that it will be at the downtown courthouse. I LOVE downtown. There is just so much life there. What part of your town is your favorite to visit? Why? What makes it so special?
I like the Exchange. It's old (the city passed a by-law a little while ago that prevents "newer" looking building or signs from going up). It's cool - except for all the bums begging for change.

7. I'm not that outgoing around strangers, so I doubt I will be meeting many new people this week. Do you have any problems striking up a conversation with someone you don't know? Have chance encounters with strangers ever led to interesting new relationships or opportunities?
I have trouble striking up conversations with people I do know. Every once and awhile I'll go outside my comfort zone and talk to strangers, but only on very special occasions.

BONUS: So if I tell you that you're really something baby, will you stay or will you go away ?
I will go... far, far away.

Today's Comment Question: What toppings do you like on your pizza?
ground beef, green peppers, extra cheese.

No comments: