Monday, November 07, 2005

And it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain

Had an instructive and stimulating conversation with my advisor. George is unquestionably one of the most intelligent and well-read individuals I know. Just sitting and talking with him makes me want to read more. If my thesis is worth anything when it's all said and done, it will be due in large part to his insightful comments and questions.

The time's rapidly coming up for Rachel's staff Christmas party, which I really do look forward to each year. Last year we tried something new with great success, a murder mystery dinnner; we're all given parts to play and come dressed up. This year I get to be a lounge singer, which is, I think, a step up from the Nazi character I played last year. At least this year, if we use a photo from this as our Christmas card, we won't have to ask the nice guy at Blacks if he can "crop out the swastika."

No comments: