Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Here comes the twister

I know: I haven't written in a while, but... I'm still not convinced people read this.

Anyway, we had a big snowstorm, which shut the one school I was supposed to be teaching at down completely. Of course, I managed to make it in for my 8:30 am class. As I trudged up the steps, my eyes fell on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white paper. "All classes cancelled due to weather." After waiting an hour for a bus, after stomping through half a foot of unshovelled snow, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Driving out to Otterburne, Manitoba the day after the storm wasn't much fun. I could only go 60 km on the highway (poorly plowed as they were), and when I got there I discovered that the parking lot I've been assigned to use wasn't plowed at all. Grrrrrr. So I'm to drive 2 hours on dangerous roads only to get stuck AT SCHOOL? No way, Jose. Without asking (or even telling) I reassigned my parking space.

Sometimes I wonder why we moved to this crazy province.

2 comments:

jpunk5 said...

i read it. very entertaining.

Tom said...

Shock at your poor timing. Ordinarily I check it every day, but Tuesday the 22nd the new XBox came out so I've been 'afk' as they say.