Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bland on the run

So, here I am at my parents home in Ontario. Actually, I'm typing this in the room that I grew up in. There's a few more stuffed sheep (I'm afraid to ask what that's about) and a few less video tapes, but there's an odd familiarity sitting here. Sort of like an awkward hug from a distant cousin.

I've seen a few people from my old life, and so far that's all been good. Went over to my old highschool and spoke an English teacher I always liked and admired (he let me read Lady Chatterly's Lover in highschool). Went out for dinner with an old friend, whose life has taken a very different path these last few months. I have lunch with another old friend tomorrow and then coffee with some highschool friends. It'll be a long day, but I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Rebs said...

oh! I love great english teachers. I think I've always had really good ones too...but maybe it's because I like the subject. I've always hated my math teachers.
Lady Chatterly - I just read that recently...pretty risque for high school!

Michael said...

I reminded he that he had let me read that for my Independent Study Unit and he almost gasped.

Rebs said...

you must have seemed a pretty mature kinda guy. the version I read made a big deal in the intro about how it was uncensored...except they used fancy words - unexpurgated? or something.
anywhoodles, hope you're havin' fun with the 'rents.