Friday, September 13, 2002

Ever just have one of those days? I was watching Renoir's *Rules of the Game*, which I haven't seen in years. And I'm loving it. Christine had declared her love for Andre and was on the balcony with Octave. Andre and Christine's husband were discussing the situation after their fistfight. And then the tape goes blue. It seems that when I taped the film from my friend's laserdisc, I forgot to include the last side. Arghhhhhh.
Apart from the serious let down, what I saw was one of the more enjoyable film experiences of the past few months. Much better than the Goonies collector edition DVD marthon that ran at my house last week. I am someone who geniunely enjoys commentary tracks, but the track on Goonies - with Dick Donner and most of the child-actors - is horrible. Stories that sound intersting but are cut off, questions about plot (come on people, learn the plot!!!) and Corey Feldman incessant yelling- can't that guy speak with an indoor voice. I can only assume that years of heroin abuse has effected his hearing as it once effected his sense of fashion (anyone else remember the Michael Jackson clone Feldman was in the 80s?).

No comments: