Friday, August 26, 2005

So, I'm not sleeping well. It's the inveitable consequence of sleeping in someone else's bed. When you'r in someone else's bed the mattress is either too firm or too soft; the pillows are either too flat or too fluffy; nothing's the way you like it. Let alone the unpleasant visuals that accompany thinking about what's gone on in the bed before you slept there. And even a thinking about what's gone on in a hotel bed can't compete with what you imagine about people you know. Anyway, I wake up every hour or so, toss and turn for another half hour then fall asleep and start the whole vicious cycle over again.

I have a question for the one, maybe two people here, and I'm really interested in hearing what you think: do you think it's appropiate to tell somone, a friend, that he/she is dating someone you think is TOTALLY beneath him/her? I'm curious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO, not ever because even if you did, they won't listen and are likely to become even more committed to the person.

Anonymous said...

depends who you're talking about- are you talking about me, Mike? B/c if it's about me, then I'd probably not like to know...but if it was about someone else, I'd like to know. Guess it's the whole gossip thing...are you asking this b/c you need to tell someone something, or are you just asking out of curiosity's sake?

Michael said...

Well, ANONYMOUS, it's really hard to tell as I have no idea who you are...

But, right now it's a hypothetical.

Anonymous said...

It's probably not a good idea. If your mysterious friend is happy with their less-than-suitable (in your opinion) partner, then maybe they know something about that person that you don't.

And anonymous #1 has the right of it - people have told me before that Andrew and I wouldn't work out, and it just made me angry with them and that much more intent on making it work and proving them wrong.

Anonymous said...

Mike I forgot my user name so I time as annoymous right now b/c I forgot my password... I know you are referring to me. ANYWAYS that's besides the point. Why didn't you just come out and tell me? Well ok, I'm a little defensive right now seeing as how I just had a chat about this exact thing at work. But maybe I do know more than other people about the person I am dating (which I do), and I trust myself in that situation, and maybe the person I am dating is working on things (for example, last night I made him damage a part on his laptop b/c of something...) and you know what, it was his idea to begin with! He told me "Kim, I've screwed up, I need to damage this thing so I won't use it stupidly." and you know what? He did what he said. I know he has issues (a lot of us do), and I knwo he is working on some things. Yes, some things do give me concern, and we have talked about things. Unless you think after all I've said here that I am still in danger (whether physically, emotionally, or however), then please tell me. Maybe I am blind...or maybe I see hope. Write me an email.