Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Spent the long weekend (which I had, to be honest, forgotten about until a friends asked what I was doing for it) studying and watching movies. Went through whatever I have of the Marx Brothers films(from the excellent - Animal Crackers, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup; to the good-At the Circus and Day at the Races; to the forgettable and regrettable- Night in Casablanca); plus, I rented the incredible House of Flying Daggers and the I'm-not-sure-if-I-liked-it-or-not Door in the Floor.

While HFD was a visual treat, I just can't come to terms with my feelings about DitF. For those of you who don't know, DitF is the film version of the first third of John Irving's excellent novel, A Widow for a Year. I will say this, even at 50 Kim Basinger is still hot.

All in all, a mildly productive long weekend.

Listening to: the Magnetic Fields alum, i.

No comments: