Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And what was in those ships of three?

Likely this'll be the final post of 2005. Man, 2005! When I was a kid I imagined 2005 as this Star-Trekkie future world of flying cars and tin-foil pants. Who knew? So I wanna wish anyone reading this a Happy and Merry Christmas and as-best-as-it-can-be New Year!

I woke up the other morning and it was -29 degrees here in Winnipeg. I kid you not. I went outside to start the car and my face burned. When I put the key in the ignition, my car said to me, "You're kidding, right?" But Petey's a good car, and he started after a little grumbling.

As certain as egg nog and mistletoe (okay, since no one actually has mistletoe anymore make that holly), contemplation has become one of the things unpacked and put up every Christmas, I've been thinking a lot about friends old and new and loved ones. These past few weeks I've reconnected with some dear friends, one from long, long ago and a galaxy far, far away (Oshawa), two from the past few years. We don't tell people what they mean to us as often as we should. Though I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, I'd like to think that this will be mine: I'll try to tell people who matter how much they mean. Of course, this will likely either fail miserably in the first week of 2006, or cause a whole lotta (more) people to avoid me like the plague.

No comments: