Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year

All right, it's not. But it's not too bad. It certainly could be much worse.

It's a virtual winter wonderland here in Winnipeg. It's been snowing for about 3 days straight. Luckily it's not too cold, so you can actually go outside and enjoy it a bit. I was waiting for a bus on Portage and was a middle aged man in a calf-length FUR COAT and MATCHING FUR HAT. It was glorious.

Last night we were invited to a carolling party a few blocks from our house. It was fun, but so many of the songs they sang were in German. Childishly, I giggled whenever we sang German words that look like some word in English (like "Nun"; my favourite was "Freud"... my mind came up with all kinds of delightfully inappropiate senarios for that carol).

There are stacks of essays and exams piled up around me, waiting to be marked. I hate marking. I love (or usually love) teaching, but marking is so tedious. Still, classes are over, exams finished. Now, if people could just figure out the difference between "desire" and "deserve".

No comments: