Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It was Christmas Eve, babe, in the drunktank

All right, I am sore today: So yesterday morning, I was taking our recycling out to the curb (like the hip, environmentally conscious guy I am). When I got outside, I realized that the truck had already been by. Nothing else to do but return the blue box to the basement and hope I don't miss it next week, right? Well, I open the door, take one step on the stairs descending to the basement and... ffffoomp. My feet, still wet with snow, slip right out from beneath me and I go crashing down the stairs. Apparently I was graceful (and quiet) enough both not to wake my neighbours, whose bedroom door in about 4 feet from where I went down or drop the recycling box. My lower back swollen and an attractive magenta, but I held on to that box, dammit.

Last days of both my half semester courses yesterday and today. The less said the better.

Going to go see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe this weekend, and I'm quite excited by that. There are few films on the horizon that have peaked my interest. One that I was looking forward to, but am now excepting to be totally and utterly disappointed, is X-men 3. Saw a photo of BEast/Hank McCoy, one of my favourite characters from the comic... and he looks like a gay werewolf. Check it out for yourselves. FABuLOUS Beast

It's coming on to Christmas and that means Christmas music is playing. So here's a question: What Christmas songs (including version by different artists) do you absolutely love? I'll get the ball rollin, 'cause, well, it's my blog and everything; Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without The Pogues' "The Fairytale of New York", the greatest Christmas song of the 20th century. What other Christmas song has a line like "You're bum! You're a punk! You're an old slut on junk?" I get a little misty just thinking about it.

4 comments:

jpunk5 said...

i like that Christmas song by the smashing pumpkins a lot.

Michael said...

Which one is that?

Tom said...

The word is 'piqued', isn't it? It always bothers me, I'd hate to learn I was wrong.

You know the guy behind Beast's new face is Kelsey Grammer, right?

Michael said...

I believe you're correct. "Piqued" it is. Momentary brain-freeze.

Yes, Fraiser is the rather foppish looking Beast.