Monday, July 09, 2007

I just don't know what to do with myself...

In which our protagonist complains about the amount of moving he's done in recent weeks

I hate change. Hate it with a fiery passion. Once the change takes place I'm all right, but during the period of change, not so much. Even good change. I'm in a time of change right now and I recognize it as good change (starting new jobs in my chosen field, moving into better offices, leaving jobs where I'd hit a wall) but I still hate the process.

Today I moved offices again. I was going to stay in the office I've had for the past year, but I found out that the office next door (which has shelves and a much better work space) is free. I emailed the Dean, who emailed the President, and viola! So, after spending last week setting up my old office the way I wanted it, organizing my notes and files, I've spent the better part of the day undoing all that work and re-establishing it one room over...

2 comments:

amphimacer said...

We all want nicer rooms with better working space and shelves,
Where we can find our Muse and drink some rye and Coca-Cola,
And those of us who aren't just nuts, or toying with ourselves,
Are thrilled when, moving in our stuff, we locate a viola.

For music brings us joy, and joy is much more than a pleasure:
It's fun, it's happy, it's a lark, brave moments of delight,
To fill our working days, just as it roils our bouts with leisure.
Viola! we exclaim. Some people say we're not too bright.

Dave said...

That's cool but sad :(