Monday, October 07, 2002

In my neverending quest to provide the world with useless information, here's a Monday Mission.... And all the people said, "Amen."

1. Do you have a favorite piece of poetry or prose written by someone else? Care to share it?

Poetry: "I'm a Jam Tart" W.H Auden
"My way is to begin with the beginning" Byron
Prose: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlett

2. In High School, did you enjoy creative writing? Do you currently do any other writing in addition to your Blog?

I loved creating writing in highschool - short stories, plays, novels. Didn't keep a word of it though. I do try to write outside of this blog, but finding time can be a challenge. I've recently completed a play, a screenplay and have been working on a novel off and on for the past two years.

3. Have you ever noticed that the Blog entries you least expect to get the most comments do, and those you expect to generate a lot of feedback don't? Which Blog entry of yours surprised you by getting a lot of comments? Which one did you think would generate a lot but didn't?

I don't get comments. I doubt if anyone reads this.

4. Sometimes you get a chance to make a lifestyle change that has a huge impact on the course your life takes. That is, a moment where something became very clear to you, and that realization changed your life, such as: the need to leave a relationship, to stop an addiction, to bond with someone, to start a new career, and so on. Have you ever had an "awakening" moment in your life?

No. I'm not a big believer in epiphanies. We often realize something profound, but rarely does this have an earthshaking impact upon our lives. To effect real change requires constant work.

5. Then there are other times where you can have a huge impact on someone else's life. You suggest they see a doctor, stop them from taking that last drink, or maybe just say some kind words at the moment. Have you made a lasting positive impact on the life of someone else?

I certainly hope not. I shutter to think I might have that kind of power.

6. Are there any charities or organizations which you support? How did you come to be involved with them?

Not really. I have helped out with Winnipeg Harvest and other organizations, but there isn't a number of them that I help on a regular biases.

7. Care to collaborate with me? Help me out and write the rest of this poem:

I drifted though a dream last night,
visions full of colors bright.
My thoughts began to drift to you,
and in an instant we were two.
I touched your hand,
We began to blend,
Filled with a feeling
that should have no end.

But it did, I hate you.
And I stole your credit card.


BONUS: Hey cutie, what's up with this attitude?

Why don't you step a little closer and ask that?



No comments: