Monday, November 04, 2002

1. Have you ever had to appear in court? What was the reason? How did it turn out?
No.

2. Ever been accused of something you never did? Were you able to convince anyone?
I would think everyone has at some point in their lives. Sometimes i can convince people, sometimes I can't. Que sera sera.

3. When it comes to crime and punishment, do you agree with the saying "An eye for an eye?"
Depends on whether it's my eye. No, it don't.

4. Are you a judgemental person? Do you ever make up your mind about a person before you know them? When was the last time that happened? Or if not, how do you keep from being judgemental?
Yes. It happened yesterday. I was right.

5. When I was in 6th grade I lit a match in class accidentally and was given the choice of having my folks called or getting 10 "swats." I took swats and damn, that wooden paddle with the holes drilled in it hurt like hell (not to mention the horible whistling sound it made before impact). I don't think they allow "swats" anymore. Ever get "swats" at school? How do you feel about children being spanked in school. Is it best that they don't do that anymore? How about parents spanking kids? Good or bad?

How do you "accidently" lite a match in class? They should have hit you AND called your folks. Never been subjected to swats, but I was threatened with it in Grade one. Back then teachers couldn't hit you but the vice Principal or Principal could in extreme circumstances. A friend and I had chased some girl and made her cry and where called to the VP's office under the threat of a good paddling.
Spanking's fine - it's the attitude of the parents administering the spanking where the problem lies. I think we've all seen the mother/father who loses it in pulic and just starts wailing on their kid. That's abuse, cause they're not in control. There's nothing in the behaviour of the adult that lets the child know "if I do something bad, I'll be punished" All the children of these people get is the message "if Mom/Dad get mad, I'm going to get hit." My parents spanked me, but they always (or almost always) waited until they were calm enough to administer appropiate spankings. We talked about the spankings as punishment for doing wrong - not getting them p.o'd. Though I never bought the line "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you."


6. What is your favorite "Chick Flick?"
First, you need to define the term "chick flick." To many guys that applies to any film without explosions or blood shed- which ae most of the films I like. If chick flick mean plot over action, Casablanca. If chick flick means female protagnists, then You Can Count on Me.

7. Describe the last situation you were in that can best be summed up by the phrase "seemed like a good idea at the time?"
Errrr... life in general seems best summed up that way.

BONUS: Who will bury us when we die?
Gravdiggers, stupid.

Today's Comment Question: What's your favorite saying (currently)?
What's the dealio?

No comments: