Wednesday, November 13, 2002

A rather somber Monday Mission. Remember folks, I don't make up the questions.

1. Although I was told before hand by my mother, my Grandfather finally told me he has cancer and it was speculated he has about 12 months to live. Has someone you know ever told you they had a terminal illness? What was it like for you when you found out. How did that change your relationship with them?

No. Though my grandmother had a stroke, eventually slipped into a coma, and all in all lasted about 5 months. Our relationship changed, well, because she died. It was a little one sided after that.

2. The concept of having 12 months comes as somewhat of a shock. Often those estimates are wrong and a person lives much longer. But still, it makes me think. If you found out you had 12 months to live, what would you do with that time? How would it change the way you live? Or would it?

I would spurn fruit like it was a rabid dog.

3. My Grandfather has decided to undergo chemotherapy. He was told it would not cure him, but it could prolong his life, however his quality of life could diminish. Having watched my father go through all that to no avail, I am not so sure I would choose that option. If you were (or are) in a situation where chemotherapy might cure you, or might not, would endure the usual side effects and discomfort?

Oh heck ya. Plug me in, pump me full of drugs and turn on the freakin' television. I ain't going anywhere.

4. How is your health? How are you doing?

Well, I have a little sniffle... oh shut up.

5. Speaking of health, I was in a Health Food Store Saturday and learned about something called "Ear Candling." It
involves having a helper insert a cone-shaped candle in your ear, lighting it and having the reverse pressure suck the wax out of your ear. Apparently it is very popular. Do you use, or have you ever tried, any alternative heath remedies or procedures? How did that work out? Anything out there we should try (or avoid)?

You want me to stick a candle in my ear? Bite me. I don't like taking any medicine. I don't trust anyone.

6. Which reminds me, this week at work they are giving flu shots for $15. I hate getting shots, so getting one by choice, and paying for it, is tough for me. How do you feel about Flu shots. Do they give them where you live? Are you going to get one or take your chances?

These are stupid questions. People who are "at risk" get flu shots for free. I don't like needles.

7. I'd like to see either "Spirited Away" or "Bowling for Columbine" before they vanish from the multiplex at the mall. But I will probably have to go see it alone (which I hate). Do you like to go to see flicks at the movie theater alone? Or would you rather have company? Seen any good (or bad) movies lately?

I like seeing movies alone. No problem there, but I used to feel weird about it. Then i looked around at the kind of people other people went with. You can always tell who's there because someone else didn't want to be alone. It's not worth it.

BONUS: Don't you want somebody to love?

Shut up.

No comments: