Saturday, November 16, 2002

Hmmm, it's getting late, I've been up all day and anything I could possibly write will be marred by my inability to form coherent thoughts, but here I go.
I feel like venting today. Why is it that some people CAN"T reply to my emails, even quick, nice little how you doing ones? Is it the burden of writing? Pressing the keys a little too much work for precious fingers? Of course not, so I've come to the only possible explanation my parnoid brain can come up with... people hate me. There, I said it. People hate me. I said it again.
Now I recognize that the danger of posting this message here is that the wrong people might read this, think I'm talking about them, and barge me with a slew of unnecessary, (and let's face it) unwanted emails. So let's clear this up right now. If you're reading this and THINK I'm talking about you and feel a tinge of remorse deep within your soul, you're not the kind of heartless fiend capable of truly hating me.That you had feelings at all disquailifies you from the I-HATE_MIKE Club. Relax, I'm not talking about you. I know you're busy. You email when you can and I'm grateful. It's the person who gets an email from me and couldn't be bothered opening it for three or four days. Respond? Only if they need information. Wouldn't want to go around encouraging him.
What makes these people truly heartless is the ability to stirke up a perfectly civil, engaging conversation at the exact SECOND I decide that they're no longer worth my time. It's like a preternatural sense: "I'm losing this one. Better talk to him to string him along." And then the whole vicious cycle starts over again. Thinking that it must have just been me, and that they don't hate me, I continue trying to maintain a relationship only to be ignored again. Oh, life, you crazy roller coaster ride. Can't you just jump the track and send us all hurdling to our deaths?
Have a sunshiny day.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

No comments: