Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Right, so it's 10:05 pm here in the 'Peg, and I have two hours to compose today's blog entry if I actually keep to this one thing a day kick I'm on. To be honest I typically don't follow through with things...

Anyway, interesting story:

I'm on the bus yesterday and the guy in front of me is listening to bad bubblegum pop crap on his Walkman a little too loud for public transportation, but no biggie; everyone does this, right?
This goes on for a few blocks, then the music stops and he starts talking... to no one in particular: "Alright, it's 10:27 here at Q97. That was Shania Twain with "That Impress me Much". We're into hour number two of our all request..." When he started talking I looked up to see what was going on; everyone's eyes drop to their laps - probably out of fear this guy was going to go postal. And he just kept... announcing(?) for like five minutes; a quick weather update, a rehash of the songs he'd played.
The funniest part was when he announced a contest as he was signing off: "We have a pair of tickets to {insetr the name of any band no one wants to see} for the 4th caller who can tell me the name of the song I played in the last set. It started with a "B" and it's a fruit, not a vegtable." When he finished the guy sitting next to him, who was clearly assumed, looked at this lunatic and said, "Too bad I forgot my cell phone, cause I know the answer." I lost it at that.

You meet the freaks on public transportation!

No comments: