Monday, April 26, 2004

So, I've already screwed up my "post-everyday" thng I had going, but no matter; I'll just keep plugging away at it. If I screw up once, I'll just get right back on it and start again.

So exams are finished; I've marked my pile (and a steaming pile it was), and will submit my marks today. I was frankly a little surprised by some of the students who showed up to write: some of them I didn't even recognize! Man, that is not a good sign. You tell them, and you tell them that if I don't know who they are, chances are they won't do well in the course. At least I haven't had the awkward situations friends of mine have had (not yet any way): when those faceless students turn up a few years later for a reference letter. How do you tell someone you have no idea who they are?

No comments: