Thursday, June 16, 2005

All right, kiddies. Not much going on here again today, though I'm actually have fun at work today. One of the books we're publishing in the next little while is a book on Winnipeg in 1912. My boss is interested in tracking down some information on the vaudville curcuit that ran through here then. See, here's the story. Once, while here on tour, Groucho Marx was passing a theatre and heard uproarious laughter. Curious, Groucho went in and saw a young comic named Charlie Chaplin on stage. Impressed, Groucho returned later with his brothers to meet Chaplin. It's also told that the Marx invited Chaplin to their show, where he dramatically read a newspaper during their performance. At Chaplin's next show four orthodox rabbis sat in the seats he'd reserved for the Marx Brothers. The problem here is figuring what's truth and what's comedians telling stories. Regardless, I find it mindboggling that all of the great geniuses of film comedy performed here: Buster Keaton, WC Fields, Fatty Arbuckle all made their way through here on one of the vaudville tours. Crazy! Motley Crue was through here last year... so that's sort of the same, I guess. All right, it's not the same at all.


It also seems that I'm getting record (well, for me) traffic here. My short film has been viewed 20 times now. I've only heard back from a couple of people, but the overwhelming opinion is that it made them "sad". That's cool. Emotion, any emotion, is good, right?

Listening to: "Clint Eastwood" Gorillaz
"Bet you didn't think so I command you to"

No comments: