Friday, June 03, 2005

A friend of mine was telling me about her adventures at a new kickboxing place. Seems she's been kickboxing for awhile now, but, since she recently moved, hadn't found a new place to train. And I have to admit, I was a little jealous reading about the kicking and the boxin; even the hyperextending an elbow sounded like a lot of fun. See, I always wanted to take some sort of martial art - I was a huge fan of kung-fu films (still am) and I always wanted to learn. In University I made the mistake of making a little bit of fun of someone who'd started taking Taekwon Do.... she promptly threw me across the room. And I mean threw: my feet left the ground and I hit a wall.

The problem is that I'm kind of old to be starting now. Going to a beginner's class and getting my butt served to me by a bunch of schoo children doesn't sound that appealing. Self esteem's low enoguh with being beaten up by someone 25 years younger than me. Plus, I'll never get my flexibility to a level to do those awesome jumps or high spin kicks; like David Carradine in Kung Fu the Legend Continues I'd be stuck doing lame low to mid kicks. And who wants to do those? No one, that's who.

Listening to: Dandy Warhols "We Just to be Friends"

No comments: