Thursday, June 09, 2005

So, it's Thursday: at least that's what the calander says. My body seems to dispute all evidence to that fact. I feel like it's Friday... that I should be home, sleeping, watching movies or even studying (which I really do).

All right: I've come to a decision! Veronica Mars was the best new show last year, narrowly edging out House and blowing away Joey (for which I held low to no expections). For those of you not hip to the Mars, it's the story of a small town highschool girl who's best friend was murdered about a year before the show begins. Her father, the former sheriff and current private detective, suspects that the girl's parents are guilty, not a popular opinion. Veronica, isolated and ostracized from her former friends, works for her father, but often finds herself going into business for hereself. What I like about the show is the sense of a greater story being told: while the final episode reveals the truth about the friend's murder, clues and leads are sprinkeld throughout the entire season, which makes it seem like some thought and planning went into the show. In a medium where lack of forethought and vision are the order of the day, VM is a smart, well plotted welcome to network TV. If you haven't caught VM, check it out this summer in reruns.


I hear the secrets that you keep, when you're talking in your sleep.

No comments: