Monday, July 18, 2005

And now a Monday Mission...

1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses?

No, I don't. Both my parents do and I read a LOT: I figured that glasses were inevietable. Go figure.

2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.)

Groan. Yes I had braces... cut the crap out of the inside of my lip. Have also had more than my fair share of dental procedures: cavities (though none in a while), pulled teeth (four, thank you very much), wisdom teeth out, a rather painful root canal and, most recently, gun grafting. I don't get it. I brush, I floss (not as regularly as I should mind you, but still), I don't eat a lot of junk food. So what's the deal-io?

3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so?

To be honest, Batman Begins moved me. That might sounds weird, but I was a huge Batman fan growing up, but everytime they tried to transfer the comic hero to television or film, it sucked. I'm in a minority here, I know, but I didn't care for Burton's Batman. It was dark, sure, but it was also very convulated and silly. Nolan's film was gritty and real. Seeing something I had been waiting for for so long moved me. Not to tears or anything; I'm not a sissy-boy.

4. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that?

I don't know. The thought of being totally taken care of appeals to me, but would I really be lucid enough to enjoy it?

5. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder?

Thunderstorms, hurricanes, tidal waves. Anything where Nature shows her dominace over us.

6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences?

Despite my recent airport desire to punch a whole lot of people in thier big, fat heads, I have only been in one fist fight in my life. Apparently I don't do the whole thing particularly well.

No comments: