Monday, July 18, 2005

So there was this gi-normous thunderstorm here in Winnipeg Saturday night: trees toppled, basements flooded, powerlines downed, young girls carried off to magic lands. I watched it for a while. It was really beautiful, the lightening streaking the sky; almost quaint. Of course the next day, seeing the damage left behind was something else. Luckily this time our car was damaged, though a large branch fell from the tree in front of our house (hitting our neighbour's van). I got to thinking about how safe we think we are, yet Nature can, at any time, step in and kick the living crap out of us.

Got to play drums last night for a friend. Got to play more "fun" songs than I'm used to. It was a blast. Admittedly, there were times I got carried away with myself and sort of lost the beat , but que sera sera; I found it quickly enough.

Listening to: John Coltrane's "My Favourite Things"

No comments: