Monday, January 22, 2007

So let's forget about it

I have just returned for submitting 3 copies of my dissertation to Grad Studies. The process from here? Those copies are distributed to my committee (including the external reader). They submit a form when they've read the dissertation and from there Grad Studies sets up a defense date. If everything goes according to plan, I'll get my PhD three days before my next birthday!!!

In other news: I'm becoming a serious fan of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen. Das Rheingold has been on my iPod all week. Who knew German opera could be so fun?

10 comments:

Rebs said...

uh, so...ah...when's the party????

AND, now that you have NO EXCUSE, are you coming on the retreat? for at least part of it??

*insert winsome/pleading expression here*

Anonymous said...

What?! You've never heard of "Die Fliedermaus"?, which I think is actually Austian, but usually sung in German and English?! Congrats on completion, Mike. Nothing left but the sweaty part now!

Michael said...

Heard of, not heard, anonymous (names are helpful btw). Maybe when I'm finished with my Wagner thing, I'll expore other German opera.

Mmm, sweaty. Good stuff.

Rebs: Party. Sometime after the defense. And I'm afraid I have an excellent excuse for not coming on the retreat: my classes are woefully unprepared. I have to play a bit of catch up.

Rebs said...

I knew you would. but I'll always try...
:)

dangerweasel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dangerweasel said...

hey ah...
about the taste of a penny reminding you of losing a tooth- licking salt off of a rusty penny reminds me of the way my first boyfriend tasted.
Ah, he ate a lot of red meat.
Word to the wise

Michael said...

I'll keep that in mind.

Roz said...

Whoa, that person ATE their first boyfriend? Mike, no more cannibals on your blog.

On that note, I'm pretty sure vegetarians taste better than carnivors. I think we're a delicacy in some countries.

amphimacer said...

We carnivores taste great. And no one knew that Wagner was fun, not even his wife.

Tom said...

"What if the secret ingredient in Slurm is... people?!"

"No, there's already a soda like that: 'Soylent Cola.'"

"Oh, really? How is it?"

"It varies from person to person."