Thursday, March 22, 2007

I've fallen from grace for Lucinda

I'm going away this weekend. Actually, I leave tonight - right after class - so it's really more than a weekend. I need the break. I've brought my readers' reports with me so that I can process what my examiners will likely ask me in the oral defense.

Stayed late in Otterburne last night to catch the Providence full-length production, The Miracle Worker. Must say, I was quite impressed. And it was nice to have company on the long, dark drive home. Stupid night-time.

P.S. Tom Waits' Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards is a phenomenal, epic work.

2 comments:

Rebs said...

I hope you have a lovely break, Mike. you deserve it!
just think, in a month or so the big marking of school will be over, right?
or are you teaching summer classes

Michael said...

I did have a lovely break, Rebs. 3 days in a monastery is exactly what I needed. I was sorry to leave.