Thursday, March 29, 2007

Now I'll never see heaven or home

It's 12:31 am and I just can't sleep. So here's a ton of useless information that no one will want to read:

Name: Mike
Brothers: 0
Sisters: 1
Eye color: Brown or hazel I suppose
Shoe size: 9
Height: 5'11"
What are you wearing right now?: track pants and a t-shirt
Where do you live? Winnipeg
Best place to go for a date: Beats me.
Favorites....
Number: 1 - it's the loneliest number
Boys Name: Don't have one
Girls Name: Any name I give here could be misinterpreted.
Drink: coffee, Diet Coke/Pepsi, and I'd never say no to a good stout or Brown ale
Month: May
Breakfast: coffee... sometimes food
Have You Ever...
Smoked: yes
Bungee jumped: so
Made yourself throw-up: Probably to fake sick. Nothing says "stay home" like barf
Gone skinny dipping: Yes
Loved someone so much it made you cry: All the time
Broken a bone: Maybe my pinky. I'm not sure
Played Truth or Dare: Yes, it was stupid.
Been in a police car: Should I have been?
Been on a plane: Yes
Came close to dying: Possibly
Been in a sauna: Yes
Been in a hot tub: Yes
Swam in the ocean: Yes, it was cold.
Fallen asleep in school: No. I'm afraid to sleep in public
Broken someone's heart: Stranger things have happened
Cried when someone died: Yep.
Cried in school: Maybe when I was really young.
Fell off your chair: Not lately.
Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: Nope
Saved a IM conversation: No
Saved e-mails: Yes. I save a lot of emails. Why not?
Made out with just a friend: MMmm, yes.
Been cheated on: I think so.
What's your room like: Bedroom? Well it has a bed and videotapes.
What is beside you: A chair.
What is the last thing you ate: Gunn's Bagel
What kind of shampoo do you use: The kind in the shower.
Do You...
Believe in love at first sight: Oh, hell no.
Like picnics: they're all right.
Like school: Most of the time
Questions:
Who was the last person you called: My mom... she wasn't home.
Who was the last person you emailed: The Grad studies lady
Who was the last person you danced with: Rachel
Who makes you smile most: Lots of people make me smile.
Who...
Did you last yell at: I dunno.
Did you last go to a fair with: No one. I've never been to a fair.
Did you last sing a song with: Like as a duet? Dougie and I at a coffeehouse at WLU
Do you like filling these out?: Far too much.
Do you wear contact lenses or glasses: No
Do you like yourself: I have my moments.
Do you get along with your family: I suppose.
Final Questions:
What are you listening to right now: Tom Waits's Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards disc 1; I also have the opera Siegfried on the go.
What did you do yesterday? Taught a class at 4... but no one had read the book
Where do you want to get married: If I have to get married again, Vegas
Good driver: Sure, why not?
Good singer: I don't know.
Diamond or pearl: I couldn't care less
Are you the oldest?: The oldest what?
Indoor or outdoor: indoor
Today did you...
Talk to someone you liked: Yes.
Buy something: Not a thing
Get sick: No
Sing: No
Talk to an ex: No
Miss someone: Yes
Last person who....
Was in your bed?: Me
Saw you cry: I'm crying now
You went to the movies with: Rachel
You went to the mall with: I have no idea.
Have you...
Been to California: No
Been to Mexico: No
Beeen to Africa: No
Random.....
Do you have a crush on someone: Probably
What books are you reading now: Name of the Rose, Possession, Dance to the music of Time
What's under your bed: Monsters
Favourite movie to watch: Casablanca
Piercing/Tattoos: 0/0
What are you most scared of right now: Cheryl
Do you have a job?: I have many.
Have you ever liked someone you didn't have a chance with?: Of course.
Has someone liked you, but didn't have a chance? if they did I didn't know about it
Have you ever played strip poker: Maybe
Random (or not so random)
Your Favorite Food: Spaghetti
Have you ever cried for no reason?: No
Are you too shy to ask someone out?: Yes
Popcorn?: Sure, thanks.
Favourite Flower?: Plastic
Have you ever fired a gun?: Yes
Do you like to travel by plane as opposed to car?: Depends on the distance.
How many pillows do you sleep with?: at least 2

16 comments:

Rebs said...

YES!!! I love that you filled this out.

also, why are you scared of cheryl??

Michael said...

Oh, like you're not.

Cheryl said...

WHAT?! haha. Is it the ugly picture thing? Have you seen too many ugly pictures of me lately?

Michael said...

It has nothing to do with ugly pictures.

Cheryl said...

I can assure you that Rebs is not afraid of me. I think you're the only one Mike.

Rebs said...

hate to break it to ya, Mike, but she's right.

cheryl does not scare me.

she does make me smile though :)

Tom said...

You were right, I didn't want to read that.

So why did I, huh?!?!

And why on earth did I do THIS?!:

Name: Tom
Brothers: 0
Sisters: 1
Eye color: Green maybe? Who knows
Shoe size: 9 1/2
Height: 5'11"ish
What are you wearing right now?: ancient khakis with a hole and my new Viva Miyamoto shirt
Where do you live? Winnipeg
Best place to go for a date: I didn't know, but I looked it up
Favorites....
Number: Four hundred and twenty-one
Boys Name: mm... probably Aaron
Girls Name: Leah's a good one; I'm a sucker for vowels
Drink: citrus juices, coke from a can, chocolate milk cut with regular milk (haha), water
Month: September
Breakfast: when my mom makes bacon/eggs/toast and these little hash brown things with steak seasoning and sour cream and onions
Have You Ever...
Smoked: not on your life
Bungee jumped: not yet
Made yourself throw-up: um, not really
Gone skinny dipping: not that I recall... I've gone skinny-tubing in winter...
Loved someone so much it made you cry: like, spontaneously? no
Broken a bone: a few
Played Truth or Dare: I think so, I don't remember
Been in a police car: nope
Been on a plane: yep
Came close to dying: not from an injury
Been in a sauna: uh-huh
Been in a hot tub: got one out back, never use it
Swam in the ocean: only two of them so far
Fallen asleep in school: a couple times
Broken someone's heart: maybe my moms
Cried when someone died: usually I wait awhile
Cried in school: a few times
Fell off your chair: usually I at least take the chair down with me
Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: I've sat by the computer all night hoping someone will blog, haha
Saved a IM conversation: Trillian saves all my IM conversations
Saved e-mails: I've 'saved' a few, I've failed to delete many more
Made out with just a friend: so far I've only kissed Lindsey Janzen, it's true we weren't romantically attached... but we were about four at the time and I recall being under orders from my parents
Been cheated on: I think a guy might've looked at my test answers once
What's your room like: I'm moving from my sweet basement pad to a tiny room with only a bed desk and dresser. I forget why right now
What is beside you: a blanket and a jacket. it's cold down here
What is the last thing you ate: freshly baked chocolate peanut-butter-chip cookies, and milk
What kind of shampoo do you use: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree
Do You...
Believe in love at first sight: Some people have prophetic gifts or are given special insights at important moments... but even then it would be a misnomer. To reference DC Talk, 'luv is a verb'
Like picnics: last I remember
Like school: I like the idea and I like being there... but there's always a catch
Questions:
Who was the last person you called: Roslyn, to see if she was still coming to Bible Study.
Who was the last person you emailed: no clue
Who was the last person you danced with: what makes you think that's ever going to happen?
Who makes you smile most: wouldn't it be sad if I were counting?
Who...
Did you last yell at: someone at work I bet, it's really loud in there sometimes so you have to
Did you last go to a fair with: what's a fair? do you mean like the Ex? that would be far too many years ago to remember...
Did you last sing a song with: not counting church... probably Rebekah, she sings a lot
Do you like filling these out?: not a lot, but it's still too much
Do you wear contact lenses or glasses: only to conceal my identity
Do you like yourself: I like being me, but I think I'd find myself annoying in person
Do you get along with your family: we're not often together
Final Questions:
What are you listening to right now: hum of my computer, the furnace
What did you do yesterday? worked and watched too much Naruto
Where do you want to get married: on my new private jet? I dunno, somewhere pretty
Good driver: statistically speaking
Good singer: "Anyone can sing accurately, but I sing with wonderful expression." (tell me if you know where it's from)
Diamond or pearl: Depends on which exclusive Pokémon are in which version, I haven't looked at the new DS ones yet
Are you the oldest?: what, here? no, I think at least Mike is older than me. you can tell by his attitude ;)
Indoor or outdoor: I like both, but indoor is usually easier
Today did you...
Talk to someone you liked: How much? I like Paul but we're not close. I like talking to Rodney but I don't know him well. I like Daniel but we didn't speak so much as greet one another... wait no, he asked me if I had any rubber bands in my van. So I guess I did.
Buy something: Wendy's
Get sick: I might have sneezed, I think that was yesterday.
Sing: not yet I don't think
Talk to an ex: look, I talk to inanimate objects sometimes, but speaking to a letter of the alphabet seems extreme
Miss someone: nope. Ryan tried to dodge but the mat got him right on the shoulder
Last person who....
Was in your bed?: I keep forgetting Smudge isn't a person
Saw you cry: Don't remember
You went to the movies with: Cheryl, Janelle, Roslyn and Rebekah
You went to the mall with: well the theatre was in a mall. wait no, Paul and I did the mats at Chapters in St.Vital mall, and then went to the food court for lunch later
Have you...
Been to California: yessum
Been to Mexico: I don't think so, no
Beeen to Africa: maybe I'll visit Mandy someday
Random.....
Do you have a crush on someone: oh deary me, that would be telling, wouldn't it? kids these days
What books are you reading now: none at the moment, they're beginning to stack up and loom over me
What's under your bed: my old bed has lego under it
Favourite movie to watch: To watch, as opposed to...?? I guess for repeat watchability you'd want something with action and interesting, detailed visuals... Mononoke-hime, perhaps?
Piercing/Tattoos: 0/0
What are you most scared of right now: Cheryl... Mike has good instincts about these things
Do you have a job?: only one that pays me.
Have you ever liked someone you didn't have a chance with?: once. the illusion was dispelled quickly and completely.
Has someone liked you, but didn't have a chance? umm, in like grade four a girl named Sarah kept trying to kiss me. she didn't have a chance. since then nothing's ever been so cut-and-dry
Have you ever played strip poker: nope
Random (or not so random)
Your Favorite Food: different every day
Have you ever cried for no reason?: to date I've always known why I was crying
Are you too shy to ask someone out?: nope.
Popcorn?: prayer?
Favourite Flower?: pretty ones?
Have you ever fired a gun?: only in videogames
Do you like to travel by plane as opposed to car?: all things being equal, I prefer a good long drive
How many pillows do you sleep with?: just one thin one, I fold it in half when I'm going to sleep

Michael said...

The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 1 lines 3-5.

amphimacer said...

I have friends I've known for thirty years that I know less about (and who know less about me) than I just learned about you. That's how we've stayed friends.

But I have a few thoughts: the best place I ever went on a date in Winnipeg was an RWB performance. I had review tickets, since I was reviewing the ballet for The Manitoban, and she liked that. My favourite girl's name is Sorrel, followed closely by Chloë, which are my daughter's first and second names. And although I have never saved an IM chat, I was tickled to learn that she saved a couple of ours and posted them on her blog. I drink tea, with milk and sugar, I cry more often than is wholly reasonable, I have fallen off chairs, beds, tables, ladders, and fences (yes, plural, for all of them), and the last person I sang with was my wife -- a few days ago. I used to sing professionally, so I'm pretty good. She hates the way she sings, but I think she sounds nice, and I still have the biggest crush possible on her after twenty-five years of marriage; I write her poems every year for her birthday, our anniversary, and Valentine's Day. Our eyes are blue, I think Gunn's bagels are awful, and the music I am listening to right now is some lovely fragments of tunes by Joseph Bodin Boismortier (a contemporary of the sons of J. S. Bach). I live in Toronto (but not for any particular reason). Now you know what's worth knowing about me.

Unknown said...

Why, Why are you people doing this and what evil villain sent it to you. Mercy - mercy no more!

Michael said...

Amphimacer: I like you more and more. What was the RWB performace? I like I should try to get into ballet. Maybe after I conquer the world of opera. And the world of jazz. What type of music did you sing professionally?

Mandy: Something wrong? I would have thought these glimpses into our lives would warm the cockles of your lonely Cost-Rica-living heart.

Anonymous said...

cockles = cookies
when i read that last comment. ha. oops.

Rebs said...

tom, that's not a good enough reason to be afraid of someone. copycat.

mike, I love 'cockles of your heart'. great expression. I think I'm going to go look up the origin...right now.

mandy, you should do one. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tom said...

All I did was follow my response with an ellipsis and a related comment. Maybe I'm just trying to hide my real reason.

Keira said...

Edward Scissorhands had a heart made from a cookie. Or mayhaps that was symbolic.

And . . . Mike, you've never been to a FAIR?? You've never experienced the too-sweet, fiberglass-textured cotton candy while sitting on a hard plastic seat of any variety of shapes and sizes, going endlessly in circles for no apparent reason? Never smelled the sweet scent of puke on a fake pirate ship swinging back and forth for no apparent reason? Or experienced the endless rows of inbred carnies yelling for you to come and spend 50 dollars on a stuffed animal that's worth 50 cents? While being bombarded by annoying electronic sounds and violently flashing and clashing lights??
Wow . . . you're . . . really not missing out on anything good.

saran said...

Was that an Aimee Mann quote I saw? My opinion of you just went up a few notches. I've been avoiding blogger like the plague lately bc I'm too lazy to write a real entry... hopefully I'll get on that soon!