Friday, March 02, 2007

Look at the stars, see how they shine for you

Blah, I went into Booth today. Originally, I had two meetings scheduled for today, but both were cancelled late last night. Unfortunately, when I left here yesterday, I didn't bring everything home with me (marking, a novel, some other stuff) so I kind of had to come in anyway.
I know I shouldn't have - should have stayed home, cleaned the house and watched the DVD of silent Lon Chaney movies I just rented - but in I came.

And since I've been here, I've had no less than 4 people say, "What are you doing here?" Clearly that's a sign I should have stayed home.

EDIT*
On the plus side, the cafeteria had poutine for lunch. That made it all worthwhile, folks. Mmmm, gravy and cheese.

Friday Ipod Random Ten
1) King of Pain: The Police
2) At Seventeen: Janis Ian - personally, I learned these truths at 12
3) Tango Til They're Sore: Tom Waits
4) Teardrop: Massive Attack
5) Place to Be: Nick Drake
6) It'll All Work Out: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Better off with him than here with me
7) Smells Like Teen Spirit: Nirvana
8) Waterloo Sunset: The Kinks
9)Don't You Forget about Me: Simple Minds
10)Baba O'Reilly: The Who It's only a teenaged wasteland

8 comments:

jpunk5 said...

yep, go home!! go watch your crazy lon chaney movies, with his crazy face.

Dave said...

Excuse me while I go look for you and ask what you're doing here...

Rebs said...

yeah! go home! take a nap!

mm...naps...

Michael said...

And you found me, Dave. That's five. And Jeff was six.

Roz said...

heh heh heh. I'm going to booth college on wednesday. Maybe people will ask me what I'm doing there too.

Michael said...

Why are you going to Booth? And if you're there at a reasonable time, stop by my office as I think I'll be there too.

I'd say ask your sister where my office is, but seeing as how she's never stopped by she might not know where it is.

Tom said...

OUCH

Michael said...

If a burn isn't read, can it really hurt?