Tuesday, May 24, 2005

So I'm 30. And I think I'll all right with it. I was feeling a little wary of the whole 30 thing, but I'm at peace. My birthday was very uneventful. (How to say these cryptically) I thought some people would want to make a bigger deal out of it, but you can't really tell people that they should want to throw you a party, can you? But enough of that. Whatever.

Saw Star Wars: Episode 3 on Saturday. Must say, I thought it was easily the best of the new trilogy (not that that was a great feat - the elusive Star Wars Christmas Special is better than that mess called the Phantom Menace). The dark side was well represented, including slaughtered Jedi children. Lucas' main problem is still style over substance. The special effects become too prominent, too overwhelming. There are too many ships, shooting too many lasers.

Listening to: the faint hum of my CPU.

No comments: