Monday, May 30, 2005

Was it Socrates or the Boomtown Rats who quipped, "I don't like Mondays"? Profound, whichever of them said it. When my alarm rang early this morning, I had that sinking feeling that this Monday was not going to be liked. I was met with a huge crapload of work. My boss is away this week but he managed to dig up and assign every marginally important task to me before me left. As a result I've spent a large part of the morning lifting heavy boxes of books in an asbestous filled basement. So, though I may have contracted cancer, the boxes are on their way to Toronto... lucky boxes.

The weekend was pretty good, but like most good things, over far too quickly. Saturday was a bit of a bust - spent most of the day watching Six Feet Under (which has become for me, once again, the epitome of how great television can be). Sunday I had a Bar BQ, and, though it rained for most of time, it was a success. After the hotdogs and hamburgers were consumed, some friends and I went and spent the rest of the day playing poker and video games.

No comments: