Monday, May 02, 2005

So it's May... May 2nd to be precise. And later this month I turn (wait for it) 30. That's right: the big three oh, baby. Scary? You betcha.

And I can't figure out if I want to celebrate it. On the one hand I recognize it as some sort of milestone... but it's not like we live in the 13th century where reaching the age of 30 was a major feat. I guess if other people want to celebrate it (or remember to) I will too.

Saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Friday night. I'm not surprised by the mixed reactions from the various pop-critics: British humour's an aquired taste. If you liked the books, you'll like the film. If you don't like the books, why bother? Personally, I couldn't think of a better everyman than Martin Freeman. This guy's a brillant comic actor. When I first saw him in the Office I thought, if he get a chance to shine, he will.

What am I listeing to: People Ain't No Good, Nick Cave and the Bad Seed

No comments: