Sunday, December 10, 2006

knew of two sisters whose name it was Christmas

It's quiet here today. Rachel had a speaking engagement this morning, and I've spent the morning puttering around -marking papers, watching the telly.

The fridge adventures continue, as it seems we're getting a new stove as well. Well, a new-to-us stove. The old stove matched the old fridge (a colour called Golden Rod); the new fridge, though, is white. So our wonderful landlords are switiching our stove with their almost new, white stove at their cottage sometime this week. So the house is still in a state of chaos, but the end is in sight.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

may the end come quickly.

Michael said...

You want me to die now? That's not nice, abby.

Jaimie said...

Wow. I wish I could get new appliances as easily. Our fridge is the biggest energy suck in the world, and all of the shelves save one are broken off the door, and still we abide.

Anonymous said...

what? no. i didn't say that.

"So the house is still in a state of chaos, but the end is in sight."

so i said "may the end come quickly." as in, the end of chaos. not the end of mike.

do you know of any sure-fire ways to make oneself fall asleep? see, i've been awake all night (save 15 minutes so far) and i can't seem to fall asleep at all. i'm really tired...

Michael said...

Well, warm milk is always good. Listening to relaxing classical music... A stiff drink, hitting one's head with a mallet?

I could lecture to you about English literature. That seems to put some people to sleep.

Anonymous said...

oh! civilization at this ungodly hour! be still, my heart, be still. you are not the only soul awake right now.

i'd do the mallet, but i'm so tired i don't think i'd be able to find one.

what kind of english lecture? i'd take anything at this point.

Michael said...

I'm hardly civilization. I hardly think I pass as human contact (besides, I'm out of here in a minute).

I don't know, what would put you to sleep faster? Epic conventions in Beowulf or Petrarchan love poetry? Just imagine me leturing on said subject. That's sure to work. I'm sleepy already!

Anonymous said...

ugh. goodbye, civilization. may you enjoy your wakeful day today.

Rebs said...

golden rod!!!!

I'd thought (hoped) that colour was long dead.

I'm very excited that I'll get to SEE your place and your new appliances very sooooooonnnnn....