Monday, December 11, 2006

When ya' first took my hand on that cold Christmas eve,
ya promised me Broadway was waitin' for me

So, I'm on the bus this morning. Good stories always take place on the bus. Where else are you going to find such a varied sampling of the ol' gene pool? Anywho, this guy, maybe 18 years old, gets on. We'll call him, "Frank." That's probably not his name, but FRANK-ly he looked rather silly, so Frank it is.

First of all, he's wearing spike bracelets. Now I know some people here (and I'm looking at you jpunk5) wear spike bracelets and look cool. You wear them with t-shirts with bands no one's ever heard of and jeans. Frank did not look cool. At all. In fact, I'd say he looked the opposite of cool....Wait, that's warm, isn't it? That's not right either.

It's winter and Frank's wearing a jacket, which is smart. It's cool out there. It's a nice enough jacket, looks like one of those high school jackets with the leather arms. You know, the kind people I hung out with in highs school would have never bought. Except he has one sleeve rolled up to the elbow. He's wearing one spike bracelet around his wrist (all right), and another around the top of his forearm holding his sleeve up (not all right at all). And they were serious spikes too, with various sizes and pointy-nesses. Frank completed his look with grey twill pants and puffy winter boots. He was so shockingly average, but with these horrible spikes on his exposed arm. I don't want to speculate too much, but he might have been coming to or from a Dungeons and Dragons party. D&D is definitely in this boy's future.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

twill pants and puffy boots...and spikes. odd, odd combination.

Cheryl said...

I'd like to meet Frank I think

Michael said...

I bet you would.

Roz said...

I'm mentally pinching you for that Frankly pun. I love stories from the bus. It IS where all the good stories begin.

IMPACT Team GUATEMALA said...

good stories always DO come from the bus, but all i got was old people fiddling with change in their fanny packs and talkin to themselves with their socks pulled over their sweatpants.

Rebs said...

oh frank, when will he stop being an eyesore? when?? WHEN?!

Michael said...

When some girl takes it upon herself and cleans him up I suspect.