Monday, April 16, 2007

Movie Quizlet

My friend Chris always has the best blog quizzes...

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

I've seen a number of movies more than 10 times: Casablanca (over 40), Star Wars (over 30), Raiders of the Lost Ark and Scrooge (over 20), Ladykillers, Third Man, Lady Eve, Citizen Kane, Brief Encounter, Rushmore, Pulp Fiction (over 15)

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Pulp Fiction, Royal Tenenbaums

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Catherine Deneuve, Alec Guinness

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Will Ferrell, David Hasselhoff

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Casablanca

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Hmmmm, I probably still have all the lyrics to Sound of Music somewhere in my head.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

I don't sing along.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

After years working in videostores, I gave up recommending movies. I will tell you what I like and you can make up your own mind. I really liked Grindhouse and I want to see The Hoax.

9. Name a movie that you own.

I own lots of movies... DVD, VHS and laserdisc.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

I think David Bowie can at times (he was great in The Prestige).

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

As I kid I remember going to see the Swiss Family Robinson and a double bill of Summer Rental and Witness (which I slept through) . Recently, one of the Harry Potter films in a double bill with Scooby Doo 2 (which I slept through).

12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.

John Sayles' s Lianna

13. Ever walked out of a movie?

Yes, once. It was a really boring film at the Toronto Film Festival. I'm someone who enjoys films that others find slow, but this one was too painful.

14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Breaking the Waves

15. Popcorn?

At times.

16. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or
watching them at home)?


Not very often, but I hope to make up for that.

17. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

Grindhouse.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

I like all sorts of different kinds of films.

19. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

One of the Muppet movies. It might have been the Great Muppet Caper.

20. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Casablanca, for the thrill of watching it again for the first time.

21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

What do you mean by weird? Like Eraserhead weird? Most people would say that the majority of the films I like are weird, but I'll say The Street Fighter - a fairly run of the mill karate-exploitation film.

22. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

Don't Look Now.

23. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

The Lady Eve, Duck Soup

3 comments:

Rebs said...

but...
Alec Guinness is dead

not to be the survey police, but I don't think it counts

Papa said...

RE: your answer to #4... dude, have you seen the Spongebob movie? One of the best of the 00s, seriously.

Michael said...

Really, Chrisp? I've never been a Spongebob fan, but maybe I'll give it a try if you say so. However, if David Hasselhoff is in a movie, I'm still less likely to want to see it.