Monday, April 23, 2007

My momma said, to get things done,
you'd better mess with Major Tom

Surprise, surprise: I hate McDonalds' new marketing campaign. This time it's not an innocuous, brain-numbing jingle or celebrity whoring that's bothering me, it's the implications of their new bus ads. See, McDonalds apparently cares about their employees, but these new ads all seem to revolve around the romantic lives of their employees... and it's creeping me out. They say things like, "Should Susan break up with Tom and go out with Ryan," or "Look sharp, Stacey, your ex is around the corner."

Why does McDonalds care who their employees date? Is it really that important? If they really cared, wouldn't they do something to prevent the horrible grease burns that EVERYONE I know who's worked at Mickey Ds has? Isn't that a little more "caring" than worrying about Tim's over use of cologne or who Susie should ask to the dance?

3 comments:

jpunk5 said...

i haven't seen those, but i hate the new mcd's new tv ad. basically it assumes you need to have something just as big as a mcd's cheeseburger (called the chicken wrap "snacker") between the agonizingly long wait of lunch and supper. along with that, they make fun of a perfectly normal looking guy. it doesn't make any sense!!

Keira said...

I saw an ad where they try to pass as being healthy for kids . . . selling milk and apple slices (like, you can't go to a supermarket and pick up an apple for your kid?) but the apple comes with a tub of gooey caramel or something. Anyway, it just struck me as wrong.
But hearing about those bus ads . . . ew. Just. Ew.

corrie said...

Hmmm... never seen those ads but I have more important things on my mind. Like: if I wanted to be schooled in movie classics, what would you recommend besides Casablanca and The Third Man? (I'm thinking black and white type classics...)