Saturday, May 06, 2006

Nothing ever grows in this rotten old hole

10 interesting and completely useless Mike facts (in no particular order):
1) Mike has been known to drink coffee in the shower.
2) Mike knows the words to far too many bad songs.
3) Despite some claims to the contrary, Mike shot neither the sheriff nor the deputy. He contends it was someone else
4) Growing up, Mike's across the street neighbour (and coworker of his father) is/was Bob Marley's brother-in-law..
5) Mike has an inexplicable love of teen comedies.
6) Mike read novels in kindergarten.
7) Mike has a deathly fear of people singing to him in restaurants.
8) Mike, once, many years ago, dunked a basketball in a regulation basket.
9) Mike was in the audience for a show for YTV that was produced by Cory Hart's brother.
10) Mike saw Pulp Fiction a staggering 13 times in the theatre; he never paid full price.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who reads novels in kindergarten?!?

Michael said...

Um, Mike. Weren't you paying attention? I'm not saying I read War and Peace, but Hardy Boys count as novels, don't they?

Anonymous said...

hardy boys at FIVE?

Michael said...

Yup. Once you figured out that it was all about pirates, the stories pretty much read themselves.

Anonymous said...

i'm having a little trouble with the regulation sized basket dunking. was the take-off point also regulation sized? (ie. the floor as opposed to a chair)

Michael said...

Doubter!!! It was indeed from the floor. I spent one summer during high school doing crazy leg excercises to increase my vertical leap... I wanted to play
"above the rim" and slam hard like Dominique Wilkins. Alas, it was not to be. I couldn't really dribble and dunk and then I hurt my knee pretty badly. That was the end of that. Currently my vertical leap in non-existent - old people and children can out jump me.