Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sam-I-Am and Star-you-are

I can't believe it's May already. Ugh. May means lots of things, some good, some bad. May means summer's almost here; May also means I turn a year older.

So, after watching them film for many hours Saturday afternoon, I ended up going back out that evening when the cast and crew returned from dinner. I never did get to meet Anna Paquin, or Breckin Meyer, but I enjoyed watching them work. I stayed out there until nearly eleven o'clock watching them rehearse and shoot one scene. There was even a punch that had to be choreographed. The punch was a much debated topic on the set for quite awhile. How should Anna punch Breckin? Should it be a tight shot, a wild swing, a slap? The scene, punch and all, was wonderfully tense and Anna Paquin ad-libbed a line that nearly made me wet my pants... and I'm sure that would have impressed her.

A bunch of neighbours gathered to watch, which was cool. I think I got to meet more of the people on my street in that one day then I have in 7 years of living here. Not everyone stayed for the whole shoot, but a number of us did. By the time they wrapped, the crew had already cleaned up everything not being used for that particular shot. As we all shuffled back to our respective houses and as the cast shuffled back to their trailers or hotel rooms or whatever, only the camera, monitor and the boom mic were left to clean up. By Sunday morning you'd never have known anything interesting had been going on.

And life just keeps slipping away....

3 comments:

me said...

"I think I got to meet more of the people on my street in that one day then I have in 7 years of living here."


LOL Who would have thought a movie could bring a neighbourhood together.

Anonymous said...

*laugh*

A movie, bringing a neighbourhood together.

They should make a movie about that.

Michael said...

Truthfully, I've been toying with turning the whole experience into a short story - something post-modern, you know, mixing reality and fiction