Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Gimme hope, Jo'anna

Grunt...

It's a grunt sort of day. I'm tired, my head aches and I have a pile of work to do.
Plus the usual, "People are so very frustratating" thing (not you folks; you folks are great). Sometimes it amazes me how freakin'self-absorbed people can be. And some of you wonder about my misantrophy?

Last class at Prov. You'd think they do more than complain. *shrugs* It's not like I wanted a parade. Okay, a parade would have been cool. What about an old, "Hey, liked the class"? I'd planned on laving them with a final poem about how literature can mean different things to you at different times in your life, as an encouragement to continue reading good books. But, frankly, after the apathy and bored looks when reviewing for the exam, I figured, forget it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, parades are LOADS of fun. just think: books on wagons being pulled throughout the college hallways, students chanting chaucer, professors wearing party hats...

Anonymous said...

Did you just watch that incredibly annoying Yop commercial, or did you actually have that song in your head for legitimate reasons?

Michael said...

It was, regretably, the Yop commerial. After seeing it, I dug around to find the original song, if for no other reason then to get the bastardized Yop version out of my head. How does a protest song about the evils of Apartheid become the jingle for drinkable yogurt? It's a strange, strange world we live in.