Thursday, April 20, 2006

If you start me up I'll never stop

So, I was talking to my good friend Chris yesterday. He was relating some wonderful sotries about his daughter/my goddaughter, Del, who is apparently growing up to be a little drama queen. Example: he was putting her to bed one night and she looked sad.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I don't have any friends," she said, burying her head into her blankets.

Now whether she's your child or not, when an adorable three year old says something like this and your heart doesn't break, you are no friend of mine... and I'm a caustic bastard. Chris was understandably crushed. "Man, I didn't feel like that until highschool," he quipped to me. He said something to try to comfort her, but the whole thing naturally bothered him.... until he found out that Del had seen this very same exchange on her favourite show, "Calliou". Calliou had said this to his grandmother and the grandmother reacted with sympathy and treats. Turns out Del thought she'd try it out and see what kind of reaction she'd get with it. Smart kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[chuckles] yeah, kids are like that.