Saturday, April 22, 2006

Should've been one of these things first

Well, I'm well stuck into the marking. Finished one set of exams this afternoon, but, unfortunately, the rest of the term grades are in my office downtown. I guess I'll swing by there Monday and figure out the final grades.

So far, judging by the exams I've marked, I've been impressed. Maybe I actually taught some people some stuff. I suppose in this wacky world anything's possible *shrugs*.

Walked up to the ol' neighbourhood library yesterday; had to return one book and pick up a new one that had been brought over from another branch for me, (The Time Traveler's Wife, which, if you're interested, several people whose opinions I value have recommended). When I got to the library, there were actually 3 books waiting for me: the aforementioned TTW, plus Lost and Son of a Witch. These last two are by Gregory Maguire who writes revisionist versions of classic stories. Wicked, his first and most famous, retells the story of The Wizard of OZ and recast the Wicked Witch of the West as the hero - Son of a Witch is the sequel. I'm sure I'm going to love all these books, but it is a rather daunting amount of "rec" reading to get done in the next month. Good thing the television is wrapping up. No reruns for Michael!

No comments: