Thursday, April 27, 2006

See you got our fist out; Say your piece and get out

So, they're shooting a movie across the street from me. Actually, I don't know who "they" are. I haven't seen anyone I recognize (and let's face it, if I have one true talent it's recognizing people from movies). All I've seen is one group of people working very hard and another group of people sitting on my neighbor's lawn and looking unreasonably proud of themselves. Oh, and a lot of babushkaed extras wandering up and down the block and smoking.

It could be a couple of different projects shooting in Winnipeg right now. Apparently Ben Kingsley's in town shooting a "dark gangster film" in the Sexy Beast vein (which is great 'cause I'm tired of seeing him playing cartoony bad guys in B-grade kids' flicks). Anna Paquin's supposed to be in town shooting Blue State with Breckin Meyer. Or it could just be some crap Canadian made-for-tv thing I'll never see. If I had my preference, it'd be Anna. Even if she comes with Breckin.

No comments: