Monday, April 10, 2006

It's too cold to be out walking in the streets

It's April and there's a smell in the air... and I'm not talking about the "farm" smell out in Otterburne. I'm talking about the smell of fear. It's exam time and here at the University of Manitoba, and the fear is so thick that you can taste it. it hangs in the air. Students are walking around jacked up on caffine, pencils stuck behind their ears, muttering formulas and dates to themselves. It's a beautiful sight. Sometimes I like to walk by the Multi-purpose rooms 20 minutes before the afternoon exam period. Students are crammed in to the hallways, sitting almost on top of each other to be early to, what?, get a seat? Trying desperately to cram just one more fact into their heads before the exam starts, they have every text book open and all their classnotes spread out in front of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you LIKE it? you sick, sick man.

Michael said...

Sorry, Abb. My anti-social tendencies are flaring up, beacuse...well, people just ain't no good. Not all people, mind you. You're all right. And I wish YOU well on your exams. I know you'll do fine.