Monday, November 13, 2006

Satellite's gone up to the skies

Well, the weekend came and went. It was a good visit with the in-laws. Even the much maligned photo session went reasonably well. Although apparently I was a party-pooper for refusing to have a series of photos taken in a bathtub. *shrugs* I'm always told that i need to speak up more if there's something I don't want to do. Well, I spoke up. And I was a party-pooper.

I'm likely a bit of a party-pooper today too as I'm very grumpy. You see, I didn't think I had to work today. Manitoba observes Remembrance Day as a real holiday, but because Novemeber 11 fell on a Saturday, I figured the Monday was going to be the Stat and that I wouldn't have to come to the Univeristy of Manitoba (I didn't make this up either; my boss originally confirmed this). I had the day all planned out too. Relax in the morning, see my in-laws off, and then go work on my thesis. It turns out, however, that the UM closed Friday, so no day off for Mike. Mike was phoned on Saturday afternoon and told this.

No day off makes Mike grumpy.

15 comments:

Rebs said...

oh man, that would've made me grumpy too - luckily I have a cushy government job...so I definitely had the day off. it was glorious, by the way.
okay, I'll quit rubbing it in...

Keira said...

I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which family photos in a bathtub would make sense. So far, my brain has turned up zero results.
Did I misunderstand that?

Anonymous said...

No day off also apparently makes Mike refer to himself in the third person.

Down with no day off!

Michael said...

Oh, the bathtub was in the living room of the house we used for the pictures. It wasn't a functional tub, just a conversation piece. Apparently people love to get their photos taken in it. I, however, didn't want to.

Keira said...

That's perfectly understandable.
There's something utterly degrading about having tub photos, no matter what room it's in.

Rebs said...

I agree about being IN the tub, but what if you just leaned/sat casually against the outer rim...then it wouldn't be degrading at all.

tsvywgv is my word verification. how come I never get the cool ones?

Tom said...

It might still be a little bit degrading. People could infer that you were going to be in the tub sometime soon, they'd get a mental image in place of the tangible one. Good on ya Mike.

Instead of having a day off I worked overtime. I wasn't lied to, though.

Michael said...

NO ONE should think about me in the tub.

Tom said...

Uuuhhh...

Cheryl said...

I think the excitement of a bath tub photo has to do with the bath tub being in a wierd place. Who wouldn't like a photo that had a bathtub in a living room and then a fully clothed person in it?

I don't think anyone would picture the person taking a bath.. unless ahem, someone mentions it. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the bath tub picture and I'm thinking Mike's a party pooper. Unless, you were the ONLY person they wanted in the bath tub.

Keira said...

Personally, I wouldn't want a picture of anyone in a tub, in any room, no matter the state of dress.

Oh crap. I just realized I have a national geographic photo of some people in a tub because it's outside under a really cool tree and um . . . I . . . did I just admit that?

I once saw a bathtub at the bottom of a lake where I was scuba diving. But the toilet was cooler.

I just screwed up the word verification thing AGAIN. Am I an android or something?

Tom said...

I'm going to have to raise my hand and say that I would NOT like a picture of anyone standing beside a bathtub in a living room. Sinks maybe, if they were outside, but not bathtubs. It would just have this vibe of 'I should not be seeing this right now'...

jpunk5 said...

what about somebody sitting on a toilet. i have a picture of me doing that...clothed of course...is this acceptable??

Cheryl said...

I think pictures on any bathroom fixture is ok as long as you're clothed. I am wondering where Roslyn is. She took a picture with the bathing bear when bears on broadway was up. she sat behind the tub and it looked like she was in it.

Michael said...

Um, can we stop talking about bathroom picutures? I find the whole thing sordid.