Sunday, November 19, 2006

Would I could afford to buy my love a fine robe

This weekend was packed full of goodness: movies, plays, eating out and football. I got to hang out with some good people... and some not-so-good people too.
Just kidding. Everyone was lovely.

Rachel and I went to see a play at PTE, "Mum's the Word 2: Unhinged." It was good, quite funny in some parts. In a nut shell, five women take turns telling stories about being mothers and growing older so lot of the laughs were aimed at people who a) have had kids and b) are female. I was a little nervous about it turning into a 2 hour "menopause is horrible" play, but there were some really great insights and some very touching stories. And some full frontal middle-aged nudity.

This afternoon I went to enjoy the Grey Cup with some friends (some of whom are lurking here). It was great as I don't often get to see those people these days. Between working, marking, and thesising, I have had to put some friends on hold. So, a huge thank-you for welcoming me back with open arms.

While there, I got to test out the new Nintendo Wii. And while I'm still not convinced it's the gaming system I'd want for myself, the new controller design makes for some really great gaming. You move around so much, I think Nintendo has created something to combat childhood obesity. After playing a few games I was sweating and panting.

We played the Wii Sports, which included Boxing, Baseball, Tennis, Bowling and Golf. For some reason I was really good at everything. I was only beaten once in Boxing (yes, by Cheryl, but I'd just played right before and was tired), a game of bolwing (by three lousy points) and a couple games of tennis. I beat tons of people at boxing, mercied one person at Baseball (my 5 points in one inning stopped the game) and won a few rounds of tennis. I found the baseball win to be the funniest, as I was the kid who perptually put in left field, back when no one could hit the ball that far.

So, to the people I beat: BEAT YA. (It doesn't happen often, so forgive my gloating)
And to the people that beat me: I think you need to be tested for drugs.

12 comments:

Tom said...

So you think maybe Cheryl was sampling some of her training regimen... you know, for the airport crack-sniffing biz

I'm happy you had a good time! It was a pretty legendary party

Rebs said...

I was pretty much ecstatic that you were there. And I demand to have the chance to beat you in some wii related activity sometime soon.
It’s kind of silly that the whole ‘grey cup’ part of the grey cup party was wasted on me....football-shmootball. I don’t think I watched more than a minute total of that game...really who cares about bc? Certainly not I.

thanks for the intro to zwok...

Dave said...

I will not let this sentance go unnoticed:

"And some full frontal middle-aged nudity."

hahahahaha oh man.

I'm like the kid in grade 3 who starts laughing hysterically when "Uranus" is mentioned.

Cheryl said...

Mike

Re-match anytime. I can't let my undefeated title go explained away by some "tiredeness"

just to let you know, Tom my house is now relying on my super powers. Although the dream about the fire had nothing to do with smelling gas and my suspicion that I was smelling poo was more accurate than originally thought. It was sewage.

Michael said...

No poo talk here. Poo talk is banned!

I can't believe I was Knocked Out by the cupie doll that is Cheryl.

Tom said...

Ha! Your powers are even more super than we realized. I'm impressed. Will it be fixed soon?

Michael said...

Do you mean you hope they fix her ulra-ability to smell things? I hope so. I've never felt so awkward around Cheryl (and I've felt pretty awkward around her), worrying if my anti-persperant that I applied at 9 o'clock in the morning was still wokring, worrying about my breath after eating those weird-assed flavoured chips.

Roz said...

Yeah that party was pretty Epic. Just as Jonathan predicted it would be. I WOULD LIKE TO STATE FOR THE RECORD: I am undefeated at wii boxing except for one crappy round with Mike which I played right after an intense battle with Mel, so I was very tired. Mike also had the home team advantage 'cause all the booth boys were cheering for him. (Roz: shakes fist at booth boys)

Tom said...

HAHAHA!! Only a severe geek can understand why E3 makes the phrase 'booth boys' very very funny.

Roz said...

oh no! Have I accidently said something very innappropriate again?

Tom said...

No, not really. It's just funny if you've heard of stuff like this.

Tom said...

While I'm linking things, if anyone else was wondering what Kewpie dolls are...