Thursday, November 02, 2006

And I will relate to you how our histories interweave

Got some exciting news today.

My colleague Michael Gilmour and I have been tossing around ideas for a book that we could co-edit. He's a professor of New Testament, has written on Bob Dylan and currently working on an MA thesis on Salman Rushdie. Well, yesterday at coffee break we came up with a pretty good idea (don't want to say too much at this stage) and then he contacted someone he's had an email conversation with at an American University Press with an informal proposal. And this guy expressed interest, saying that our idea was intriguing.

Whooo!

6 comments:

jpunk5 said...

that's the coolest thing ever.

Rebs said...

oh man, that'd be awesome!
you should probably start signing stuff for us now...

Tom said...

that is pretty darn exciting

better not make you super busy though...

Dave said...

Well done, but yea, don't tell people here. I don't trust ANY of these clowns... *looks around*

Roz said...

I don't trust YOU *looks at Dave*

Yay Mike! I always new you should write a book or something literary like that. Although if it's too literary I'm not promising that I'll read it. But I'll still be excited about it. Oh and I agree with Tom, it better not make you too busy.

saran said...

Congrats!