Thursday, February 22, 2007

Here comes the story of the Hurricane

All right: another random 10 songs from my iPod.

1) Laid - James My therapist said not to see you no more.
2) Quick One While He's Away (live) - The Who Cello, cello, cello, cello!
3) Stars Fell on Alabama - Ella and Louis
4) Head On - The Jesus and Mary Chain
And the way I feel tonight, I could die I won't mind
5) Donna and Blizten - Badly Drawn Boy
6) The Soldiering Life
- The Decemberists
7) Sara - Bob Dylan
8) 50 Ways to Leave your Lover - Paul Simon
The problem is all inside your head, she said to me
9) The Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin I come from the land of the ice and snow
10) Dark End of the Street - Flying Burrito Brothers

I took the Wagner off to make room for The Who, some Beatles and a pile of Bob Dylan for class Tuesday and Thursday. Wagner may return, but right now Ella and Louis have caught my fancy, as they should.

10 comments:

Jaimie said...

Obviously then, you need to see this.

It still makes me giggle, despite the slight the fact that it's not quite true to the song's meter.

Michael said...

I like.

jpunk5 said...

here's ten random on my sony mp3 player

1. Underoath - you're ever so inviting
2. St. Germain - What you think about
3. Zao - growing in grace
4. Slick Shoes - fool me no more
5. Crux - move
6. MxPx - I'm ok, you're ok
7. Blenderhead - the castle
8. mewithoutYou - disaster tourism
9. Training for Utopia - seeing-eye fruit bat
10. The Chariot - if wishes were horses, more beggars would ride them

Rebs said...

I’m so happy that I know 2 songs on your list, Mike! 2! That almost never happens. Good ol’ Ella/Louis. They make me smile.

Michael said...

Which two?

Rebs said...

well, "Stars..." (obviously) and "50 Ways..."
the rest are mysteries

amphimacer said...

Six out of ten from over thirty years ago . . . Just how old are you, really, Mike?

Michael said...

I have an old soul, amphimacer.

Roz said...

mmmm, I love paul simon, and bob dylan and led zeppelin. Good song list

Roz said...

Here's mine:
1. Hey hey, bye bye-Neil Young
2. The Joker-The Steve Miller Band
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-The Beatles
4. Love is Real-John Lennon
5. Heartbreaker-Led Zeppelin
6. I wish I was special-Radiohead
7. Gatekeeper-feist
8. Wear your love like heaven-Donavan
9. No woman no cry-Bob Marley
10. Lightning crashes-live

7/10 from over 30 years ago and I'm only 23